Jade Class - Mrs Ward
Autumn Term 2017
Ways to help your child at home
- Hear your child read regularly, discussing and asking questions about the text.
- Encourage your child to write for a variety of reasons - remind them to use capital letters, full stops and commas in their work.
- Encourage knowledge and understanding of times tables, by the end of Year 2 children should know their number bonds to 20 and their 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 times tables.
- Reinforce mathematical skills by involving them in real-life maths; money and time are particularly important.
- Support your child with homework tasks.
Some useful websites to help extend your learning about our topics this term [more to be added]: