Parish Church School Mission Statement, Values and Aims
Parish Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School is one of the family of Church Schools in the Diocese of Leeds. We are a caring church school, distinguishable by our Christian Foundation, with an ethos that is committed to a high quality of education for all our pupils within an inclusive and caring environment. We hope that all our children will leave us with confidence, positive memories and a value of their time at Parish Church Primary School.
Our School Values
Christian values come from Christ. The values we hold for our school, therefore, arise from the teachings and life of Christ who embodies them. We recognise and encourage the following core values:
love, belief, faith, value, respect, trust, hope, honesty, kindness
As a church school we:
value the Christian story and its implications for living
are guided by Christian principles and living
respect each other as children of God
value each other and the world in which we live
all try to fulfil our potential
The British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs are embedded within our school aims and ethos.
Our School Aims
In a rapidly changing world, in close partnership with parents and carers we help children..
to enjoy learning and become independent, self disciplined and self motivated and to achieve the highest standards of which they are capable,
- to develop lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds, the confidence to question, and the ability to argue rationally,
- to develop a concern for the quality of their immediate environment and an understanding of the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations
- to develop, promote and encourage a healthy, active lifestyle,
- to develop and act on a personal set of moral values, beliefs and attitudes founded on Christian principles, and to recognise and value a sense of right and wrong,
- to raise self-esteem and develop an awareness of the unique value of every individual,
- to develop and awareness and appreciation of human achievements and aspirations, in our own and other societies,
- to gain an understanding of and respect for religious and moral values, an appreciation and tolerance of, other groups, races, ways of life and points of view