(Click on the above link to see the full policy)
The PE and Sports Premium is Government funding for primary schools. In 2018 - 2019 the funding received by Parish Church School was £18, 583. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
At Parish Church School we are very proud of our children's sporting achievements and believe that sport and PE provides an excellent context for building teamworking skills, resilience and character.
There are 5 key indicators schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.